Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sawyer's 1st Birthday Party: Decorations

We threw Sawyer the most embarassingly huge, super fabulous, most awesome 1st birthday party ever! There is so much to share, I'm breaking it up in to several posts!

Decorating for the party was so fun, yet so stressful! There were so many details that I wanted to be just perfect. I worked on several small projects the week or so leading up to the party, took the day before off work to get things done, stayed up till 2am & woke up at 5am getting ready for the big day!! The theme was a Razorback Tailgate Party! WPS!
The cake table...
 
Recognize these?!?! His shirts/onesies from his monthly posts. The frame in the middle has a picture from each month. To see it, check out his 12 Month post.
Some of our favorite pictures from our first year as a family of 3...
 
Smash cake station...
Display of his Razorback pictures & the onsie he wore at 4 days old watching his first Razorback game! 
 
Down the hallway, I had an outfit from each of the holidays we celebrated during his first year with a picture from those days attached...
In the entry, treats for party guests & a mat for everybody to sign & give first birthday wishes to Sawyer...
The garage was turned into a Razorback tailgate meca! I had red & white drapes on the walls & ceiling & 2 tailgate tents set up on the driveway - I did't get pictures of those alone, but you can see it later in other posts. Since the party started at 10am, there was a Mimosa Bar...
 And a TV of course for game watching!
Up next, various pictures from the party!!
 
xoxo - the Barnett's

1 comment:

  1. First birthdays are always special. It was a very nice post! My niece will also be turning one next month and I am thinking of booking one of the beautiful venues in Los Angeles for the party. She is very close to my heart, and I am happy I got some good ideas from this post for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete