Monday, January 30, 2012

Two weeks...

My maternity leave ends in two weeks :(

I get very anxious & sick & want to cry when I think about it. I'm not worried about Sawyer, he is going to be VERY well taken care of by my Nana & Blake's Mema, I'm just going to miss him. I'm going to miss playing with him in the morning when he is the most active & happiest. I'm going to miss taking hundreds of pictures of him during the day because he is just so cute. I am going to miss snuggling with him on the couch during naps in the afternoon. I'm going to miss my baby.
I think mostly though I am really worried about adjusting to working full time, taking care of Sawyer, keeping up with the housework, & spending time with Blake. It's overwhelming to me to think about how to balance it all. I'm sure with a little patience, a lot of prayer, and Xanax, it will all work itself out eventually. These 4 are worth all the stress in the world...
Some people have asked why I don't go back to working 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week like most nurses...but I LOVE my job, I LOVE my co-workers, & I LOVE my patients. I LOVE our program & what it means to our patients & their families. My job is so special & unique. It's unique in that there are only 3 people, my co-workers Kristie & Katie & myself, in the entire state of Arkansas that do what we do. We care for, educate & manage the care of patients with an artificial heart pump called the HeartMate II. Baptist Health is the only hospital in the state to offer this treatment for patients suffering with end stage heart failure who may not survive the wait for a donor heart or who choose this option over having a heart transplant. We currently have just over 40 patients living with this device all over the state. My job is stressful, complex, interesting & so very rewarding. I made this fun little picture for my desk at work...I haven't printed it yet, so this is just a crappy screen shot...
On a happier note, how bout' the beautiful weather we had today!?! Sawyer & I went on a walk around the neighborhood & then we took Izzy & Tess on a car ride. My excited, happy babies ready to go...
 We went to Sonic for happy hour. Izzy & Tess shared an ice water, I indulged in a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper & Sawyer was just too cute looking at himself in the mirror :)

Hope everyone has a great week. I'm gonna spend every second I can loving on my little man & maybe a Pinterest craft or two ;)

xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment