Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend Recap...

We had a really nice, laid back weekend. We did a lot of cleaning & watched a lot of tv...I watched Jersey Shore for the first time & whew! What a hot mess!

My mom & nana go out to eat once a month with my great aunt & cousins, we took Sawyer & met them all for lunch at Applebee's on Saturday. We had a good time despite the crappy service...it took 20 minutes to get a beer from the bar & my food, a club sandwich, was not brought to me until the other eleven people at the table were practically finished with their food. I got my meal for free :)

After lunch we made a trip to Sam's to stock up on junk food & to Babies R Us to buy a replacement charger for our baby monitor, that we haven't even used, that I somehow managed to misplace/throw away. Blake gets HIGHLY irritated with me for putting things away & then not remembering where I put them. I've searched everywhere in this house for that charger so I'm convinced it was thrown out by mistake. We saved the box & receipt for the new one just in case I come across it :)

Saturday night some friends came over with their babies to hang out.
Blake & Aaron playing Wipeout on Kinect...
 I think Aaron jumped so high he hit his head on the ceiling fan! :)

Sunday afternoon Blake's parents came over to visit for a while then we went out to dinner with them @ Mexico Chiquito.

We counted Monday as part of the weekend since Blake was off work. He went & borrowed his parents Rainbow vacuum with all the fancy attachments to do some "deep cleaning". We have a Dyson vacuum that I thought did a pretty fantastic job, we just used it Sunday, but when Blake used the Rainbow he still got up a lot of dust...it grossed us out! We've decided to get this carpet up ASAP & have tile placed. I can't wait!!
Since it was so warm Monday afternoon, we took Sawyer for a walk around the neighborhood. He loved being outside & looking around!
 After our walk, Blake cooked dinner then we went to Lemon Tree for dessert. We got in bed before 7:30 & watched a few episodes of Big Bang Theory on DVD before we all crashed! Perfect evening to end the weekend if you ask me!

xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment