Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Brandy's Sweet 16

My baby sister Brandy turned 16 in August. Throwing her a surprise party is no easy task, especially when you are the party planner/decorator/cook/photographer/host/dj. Ha! I did have a lot of help, but when I have an idea of how I want things to look or be done, I kind of like to take charge! We had the party in our backyard, it was hot but near as bad as it could have been for August in Arkansas! I think it turned out fabulous & everyone seemed to have a great time! 
The quality of my pictures is TERRIBLE!!! Some were taken with my iPhone in bad lighting & others with my camera; Sawyer had apparently adjusted the settings on my camera & I couldn't/didn't have time to figure it out so they're blurry & out of focus! Speaking of Sawyer, I somehow did not get a single picture of him at the party! Crazy, I know!! ;)
Our cousin Delaney had the very important job of getting her to the party in a surprise fashion! Delaney turned 16 two weeks before and had just gotten a new car. The girls had planned to go out the night of the party, but on their way, Delaney called our Nana and asked if she could come show her the new car. Nana told her "sure" but that she would have to come to my house to show her because she was over for dinner ;) Either our plan worked out great....or my sister is a good actress!
August was a busy birthday month! Delaney's 16th birthday was 2 weeks before, Brandy's friend Logan turned 16 the day before her, & my sweet husband "let" us have Brandy's party on his 32nd birthday! I surprised them all with their own mini cakes, and we sang "Happy Birthday" 4 times!!!!
There was dancing...
...and even twerking.
My niece Ginger who is 10, said the party was the "best night of her life" & couldn't wait to tell her friends that she went to her "first high school party".  
I hope it was an awesome night for this pretty girl too!
We love you Mon & hope you enjoy every bit of being 16!!!
 
xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment