Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is Halloween...

...at the Barnett's!
 
In the past, I've been torn between decorating for Halloween or doing more fall/football stuff. This year was easy though. My mom & Nana used to go all out decorating their houses for each holiday when I was little & I loved it so much & as I got older, I loved helping them decorate as well. I want to try & give Sawyer and any future children of ours those same types of memories so here's a collage of our Halloween decor this year!
A lot of my stuff was passed down to me from Nana, so I enjoy seeing it out in our home!
 
Another favorite memory & tradition in our family is eating Nana's chili on Halloween night!
Every year that I can remember growing up, Nana would cook a huge pot of chili & our entire family would go to her house to eat & trick or treat!
It doesn't get any better than Nana's chili. It is a big pot of creamy, cheesy goodness!
For the past several years, Nana has been coming over to my house to cook the chili on Halloween as she did tonight. My mom & brother & sisters came over to eat & hang out as well.
 
Nana passed out candy for us while we took Sawyer, dressed as a garden gnome, trick or treating. He however, passed out at our first stop, which was Mema & Papaw's house up the street, so we went back home!
The hat/beard combo was only worn while sleeping! He was not interested in it AT ALL when he was awake! Ha!
 
We didn't have many trick or treaters which is kind of disappointing, but we still had a lot of fun hanging out with family!
 
For fun,  here is a picture of me from Halloween night last year...
9 months preggo! My how time flies!
 
Happy Halloween!!
 
xoxo - the Barnett's


No comments:

Post a Comment