Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Random Ramblings...

First - there is a blog silent auction going on to benefit Julee & Preslee Turner this week. There are some great things out there to bid on- I did my fair share of bidding yesterday when I was home sick. Click here for the rules & links to the blogs with items being auctioned off. 

I wish I had the time to blog regularly...impossible with a full-time job & an almost 11 month old. Oh, well. Until I strike it rich, random blogging it will be!

Saw-man is insanely busy & insanely cute! I've recently joined Instagram since I've recently joined the rest of the human race in getting an iPhone! I know right!! Anyways, I've been posting at least 1 picture of my cute babyman a day because I literally can't help myself. I will also admit that I enjoy coming up with clever #hashtags...clever to me anyways! I share the pics on FB & Twitter too because...well, I don't have many Instagram followers! Ha!
BTW - my username is Barnett517 ;)
Sawyer got a couple new toys this week...
Mema got him the 4-wheeler long before he was born. It's crazy to me he is actually big enough to ride on it some now! Blake & I got him the Laugh & Play Puppy last weekend. Its one that he can sit on or push, it also sings & lights up which is what he likes most! The Laugh & Play Puppy stuffed animal is one of the first toys we bought him after he was born so I love that he has "big boy" version now.
Speaking of toys....this is how we roll nowadays!
The living room looks like this most nights when we go to bed.
I'm learning to live with it...
Getting back to the cuteness...he likes to cut up with dad at the breakfast table!
One of his new favorites, is grabbing the chains on the ceiling fans if we walk under one while holding him. When he did that this week, I noticed a couple new additions headed our way...
This princess has not had near enough attention the past 11 months & she lets me know about it quiet often. My first sweet baby - Miss Izzy
She really does love her brother even though she acts bothered by him most of the time. I watched her play tug of war with him the other night & she was SO gentle.
I think the more table food Sawyer eats, the more the pups like him too ;)
Here are the 3 of them begging for ice...
Cracks me up!

I need help picking a Halloween costume for Sawyer!!
Also - I want to take him to Boo at the Zoo. I've never been so,  those of you with kiddos that have been - would this be something to bother taking him to at his age? Obviously he won't be riding rides or eating candy, but is there other stuff he would enjoy?
 Suggestions PLEASE!!!

xoxo - the Barnett's

2 comments:

  1. I've taken Ginger and Clark to Boo at the Zoo several times in years past. I don't plan on taking them again. I can tell you what I like and don't like about it based on those experiences.
    The bad: 1) can be extremely crowded with limited parking. Our last time there we had to park at war memorial and shuttle over - long lines for the crowded shuttle, too. 2) it's dark in there - you don't see zoo animals. 3) with your admission they give each child a sheet of tickets to redeemt for candy at different tents located in random parts of the zoo. Complicated and you can get only ONE piece per ticket. Usually a tootsie roll.
    The good: 1) the train becomes a haunted train ride and it's pretty neat. Last time we were there the train broke down while we were on it so we ended up stuck a little longer there until we were instructed to climb off and walk.
    2) the food is your usual "fair food" so it's a chance to get big corn dogs and potato ribbons and lemonade.

    I would wait and take him when he is 3 or 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I haven't been in years. When the girls were that age we always went to pumpkin patches and church carnival. Btw, Sawyer is growing into such a wonderful cute boy !

    ReplyDelete