Sunday, February 26, 2012

Food Love

No Sawyer picture overload this time! ;) I wanted to share one of my other loves with you & that's FOOD! ha! I love cooking & trying new recipes! I get most of my new recipes from other blogs, Google & now of course Pinterest! These are some of the things we have tried @ the Barnett house recently...remember that the colored words are links that will open in another window. The photos come from the source but the review is my own!

from Pinterest
We had these for lunch a couple weekends ago & they were delish! I bought a bottle of Kraft Chipotle Mayo instead of making it as instructed in the recipe. I used the leftover ingredients to make sandwiches for lunch that week as well.

from Pinterest
I made this several weeks ago. It was pretty easy to make & it made A LOT! He didn't come out and say it, but Blake wasn't a huge fan of this. I thought it was ok, but probably not something I'd make again.

from Pinterest
This enchilada recipe will not disappoint! Blake was a little sketchy about trying them because of the green chilies, but he did & he says he liked it. I looooovvved them! I ate all the leftovers for lunch & supper again one night. My only complaint would be that the prep time is a little long for a weeknight, for me anyways. I could have cooked my chicken ahead of time to make it quicker. Regardless, I will definitely be making these again!

from Pinterest...are you noticing a trend here ;)
This one had great potential. I screwed it up though! My crock pot only allows you to cook either on high for 8 or10 hours & low for 4 or 6 hours. I started this at 6:30 in the morning, we don't get home usually until 4, so I put it on to cook for 10 hours. Well, that was too long. The chicken was very tender & the ham was good, but my cheese burnt to the stuffing on top :(
I will be giving this one another try, but on a day we're home so I can use a shorter cook time & I'll probably wait to add the cheese during the last hour or two of cooking.

from Pinterest
O.M.G. this was amaaazing! So easy & soooo very yummy! I took this to the Super Bowl Party we went to & only brought home 2 pieces. Just thinking about this deliciousness makes me want some RIGHT NOW...too bad I gave up sweets for lent.

Ok, I have so many more to share, but right now I've got a sweet crying baby to tend to & the Oscars are starting!

Please comment if you have any questions about these recipes or if you try any, let me know how it turns out for you!

xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment