Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby fingers & puppy dog nose...

Sawyer's new thing this past week is sucking on his fingers! Sometimes he tries to fit his entire fist in his mouth. He really crams them in there sometimes, he has gagged himself on several occasions. Long gone are the pictures of his sweet gummy smile...
Ok, I think you get the idea! Sorry! =)

In puppy news, our sweet Izzy has had a spot on her nose that started out looking like a pimple. It showed up right around the time Sawyer was born, so unfortunately, we neglected to have it looked at by the vet until recently. She hadn't acted like it bothered her at all, but we got more concerned as it started bleeding occasionally the past few weeks. Dr. B said it was a tumor & needed to be removed.
Izzy had the tumor removed on Monday & did great. It was sent off to see if it was benign or not. On Wednesday, Dr. B called & the conversation started like this...Dr. B: "Hey girl! How is baby Sawyer?" Me: "He's doing great, taking a nap right now. How are you?" Dr. B: "I'm good. I've got Izzy's results. Don't freak out." Obviously, after she said don't freak out I was kinda freaking out! I played it cool though as she went on to tell me it was a grade 2, neoplastic mass cell tumor meaning that it was cancer. The great thing however, is that the removed tumor had good margins which means it was completely excised & we should have nothing to worry about!
You can't really tell in the picture above, but she has 3 stitches that should dissolve over the next several days. Izzy has been feeling great & playing nonstop as usual. Now, not only does she give us sweet, puppy dog eyes, she gives us the sweet, I've had cancer puppy dog eyes to try & get things she wants like getting up on the couch or laying on Sawyer's soft blankies.

Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading for weeks, back to work for me :(
It's hard to believe that 12 weeks have gone by since Sawyer was born. I shouldn't complain, most working parents are not as fortunate as I have been to have a 12 week maternity leave. I am so thankful for the time I've had at home with my sweet boy. I would love more than anything to be able to stay home forever with him but if that happened I would probably weigh 300 pounds, Sawyer would be a little sissy boy & we'd be broke!! Ha! I've tried to convince everybody & myself, that it is impossible to spoil a 2 month old...but Sawyer keeps proving me wrong! So, me going back to work I think will be good for both of us. I am kind of pissed that we are supposed to get wintry weather on my first day back though! I hate having to share the road with MO-RONS who can't drive!

Be safe & have a great week!
xoxo - the Barnett's





No comments:

Post a Comment