Friday, November 18, 2011

The last month...

I could go into great detail about what's been going on for the last month or so, but I'll spare you! One word will sum it all up WORK! It got crazy busy at the end of October/first of November as we prepared for & survived our VAD program's Joint Comission survey. The past 2 weeks I've spent trying to catch up & prepare for being off for the next 12 weeks.

At home, in between eating & sleeping, I've tried to stay ahead on housework expecting that Sawyer could make an appearance at any time. Blake has been so great helping out with laundry & cleaning out closets. When I was really sick with a sinus infection a few weeks ago, he & his mom & mema spent the day deep cleaning the house & shampooing the carpet. During this time we've also finished up with the nursery, which you've seen, washed all of the baby clothes & blankets & then of course spent every Saturday watching the Razorbacks!

Speaking of Razorbacks...during the months of September & October, my hair salon East of Eden, entered all of their clients who came in for a cut & color into a drawing for a Razorback gift set & guess who won?!!? ME!! I never win anything so I was soooo excited when my stylist Jessica called & told me I had won!
The gift included 2 tickets to last weeks football game against Tennessee. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go to the game since it was too close to my due date. Blake gave the tickets to a friend at work.

The last month of being pregnant has definitely been the most uncomfortable! Hip pain, groin pain, reflux/heartburn, back pain & just overall exhaustion have not been fun. The anticipation of wanting him here so badly but at the same time stressing out that I may go into labor & things would be left undone at work have worn me out!! So glad to know that there is an end in sight & all of the pain & stress will be worth it very, very soon!

Just for my own memory's sake, the progression during the last month's weekly doctor appts...
36 weeks: Dilated 1cm, 1/3 of the way effaced, baby's head down & fully engaged
37 weeks: Still just 1cm dilated, 50% effaced
38 weeks: Dilated 2 cm, still only 50% effaced. At this visit, he estimated that Sawyer weighed approx. 7 lbs & would gain 1/2 lb each week until delivery
39 weeks: 3 cm dilated & 70% effaced.
At this week's check up he went ahead & scheduled me to be induced THIS SUNDAY so that we could for sure have our sweet boy here & be home for Thanksgiving!!

Our pregnancy journey will be turning into our parenting journey in roughly 48 hours.....!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment