Monday, November 14, 2011

Sawyer's Nursery

Blake couldn't wait any longer for me to blog about the nursery & he posted a picture on Facebook last night. So now I feel like I should share with everyone...
I never really had an idea of a "theme" for the nursery but I knew what color scheme I wanted & I knew I wanted a clean & modern look. My sister found a picture online of a nursery with the argyle wall & when she showed me I had to have it re-created for Sawyer's nursery! I did all the shopping & supervising & my mom & sister did an AMAZING job painting!!
There are a few things left to do to complete the nursery but I need my baby here to do so!
I plan on putting some of his newborn pics on canvas & hanging next to the mirror above the dresser.
The outfit we bring him home in will be put in the shadow box to hang on the wall in the picture above.
My Nana is working on making a cover for the changing pad to sit on the dresser as well as a couple more pillows for the crib.  

Sawyer's daddy is kind of the inspiration for the room. Blake gets 99% of his clothes from Express, he wears a different colored polo shirt from there everyday & in the winter he has several of their argyle sweaters that he wears. Almost all of the clothes from Express have this Lion embroidered on them that I was able to transfer over to this pillow...
Sawyer's homecoming outfit is a white polo onesie with his monogram & blue jeans so he & his daddy are going to match! So cute! I can't wait :)

Sawyer, your bag is packed for the hospital. We are so excited to have you here with us so hurry up already!! 

1 comment:

  1. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED A BIG OL DIAPER CAKE IN THERE! I will bring you one in your colors !!! Ginger & I love making them :-)

    ReplyDelete