Monday, December 19, 2011

Sawyer Blake...

Our sweet boy arrived at 4:50pm on November 20th! He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and measured 21 inches long. He is absolutely perfect!!
We arrived at the hospital at 6am that day to be induced. Pitocin was started about 7:30am, my doctor came at 9:30am to break my water, my epidural was started at 10:30am & from there my labor slowly progressed.
 my parents & I
 what would we do without our phones to keep us entertained?!
 At 3:30pm, I was dilated to 5-6 according to my nurse. Blake asked her at that point how much longer she thought it would be and she told him probably a couple of hours, so my sisters left to go get something to eat & Blake's Papaw left to come home & take care of our dogs. Soon after that, I started having a lot of pain in my back that wasn't relieved by changing positions or by pressing my epidural button so I asked the nurse to have anesthesia come & give me more meds. Before she called the anesthesiologist, she checked me again & to every one's surprise I was fully dilated & effaced & ready to start pushing!
At 4:18pm we started pushing.
After about 3 pushes with my nurses, Sawyer was crowning & my doctor had not yet arrived! We had to hold off on pushing any more until he got there, but once he arrived I pushed probably another 2-3 times & Sawyer was here!

 I am so grateful to have had such an easy & pretty much pain free labor & delivery & even more grateful to finally have this perfectly healthy, beautiful baby boy here!

Sawyer, your daddy & I love you more than anyone could ever imagine! You are perfect in every way & have made our hearts so happy! I am so glad God chose us to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment