Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blessing Rings

I borrowed the idea from another blog,Katie's Keepers, to make what she called a "blessing ring". It's a creative & cute way to keep up with all the cards & blessings you receive for different occasions - birthdays, weddings, babies, Christmas & such!

Here is what you need to make your blessing ring:
- a 5 inch neck ring which can be found @ Hobby Lobby or Michael's
-assorted ribbon
-scissors
-single hole punch

Punch a hole in the corner of your cards & slide them on to the neck ring.Then, tie a piece of ribbon onto the neck ring in between every 2-3 cards. That's it! Such a simple & inexpensive way to keep up with all your "blessings" & it makes it so easy to go back & look through them whenever you like with out digging them out of some shoe box you stashed in the top of your closet like me.

Here is the one I made with all the cards I received at my baby showers & when Sawyer was born...
I bought some blue ribbon & black ribbon to use on his so it would match his room, but I also used some of the ribbon from different gifts we received! This one is hanging on his closet door.

Our Christmas cards we've received this year...
I love having this hung on the front of our Christmas tree to look at whenever I want! The cards with family photos are my favorite & we have gotten some super cute ones this year!!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I love this!! And look at handsome Harley on the front of the blessing ring!! I am making one of these!!
    ~lindsey

    ReplyDelete