Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sawyer's Circus

I got the inspiration for a circus themed party when I purchased a 50% off bounce house rental from Arkansas Daily Deal. I planned the perfect party & was actually prepared & not having to rush or stay up all night working on party things the night before like last year. One thing you CAN.NOT. prepare or plan for once you've sent out invitations & rented a huge bounce house is THE WEATHER!!! It was SO, SO cold & windy the day of the party!! I was so disappointed, but our friends & the kiddos were troopers & I think everyone had a great time despite the runny noses & frost bite.
We'll start with the invitations...I can't {of course} find my flash drive with the actual image so what we have here is a shotty iPhone picture that I can't edit my address out of so PLEASE! Don't show up at my house, at least not unannounced! 
 
 The food table was my favorite obviously! We served all the circus staples.
 Cupcakes were served inside.    Sweet birthday boy!
 He was so excited hearing everyone sing "Happy Birthday"!
The bounce house was so much fun, despite the cold!
Best picture of all time!!

We had other outdoor fun for the brave, bundled up party goers.
 Some of these guys went to Fish Heaven before the party...the lucky survivors got to go home with permitting guests!
I am NOT a good baker & don't pretend to be, but, I impressed myself with these lollipop sugar cookies for our guests to take home!

We asked for donations to charity rather than gifts for Sawyer like we did for his first birthday. This year, thanks to wonderful donations from our friends along with our contribution, we were able to donate almost $200 to the Shriner's Hospital for Children!!

More to come....

xoxo - the Barnetts

No comments:

Post a Comment