Wednesday, February 27, 2013

15 Months

Sawyer Blake turned 15 months old last week!
I did this post here with an update on what he's been up to since turning 1.
We went to see Dr. B today for a check up. Before our visit today, we took bets from some family on how much everyone thought he would weigh since he has grown so much. Most guesses were between 27 & 31 pounds. My silly baby sister Brandy guessed 45!!! My dad said Sawyer probably feels that heavy to her because she's a stick person! Ha! :)
 
His stats today were:
weight: 24 pounds 6 oz.
height: 30.5 inches
head circumference: 18 inches
Dr. B said he was right on track with everything! We talked about Sawyer's "fits" where he lies in the floor when he gets in trouble & also about him banging his head on the floor or wall when he's mad - Dr. B said that was all normal & to just ignore him when he does those things.
We were told to get rid of the bottle all together before we go back at 18 months. He doesn't usually like to drink milk out of a sippee cup, so we'll have to work on that, but he only gets 1 bottle a day before bedtime, so hopefully it won't be too big a deal.
He got another round of shots today which is never fun. He screamed & was so mad until we left the office. He acted fine all day at Nana's but this evening after supper, he was really, really fussy. He cried & laid around on the couch for about an hour. We gave him some gripe water & Advil & once that kicked in he was back to his normal, happy, busy little self!
He had the best time playing with daddy's boots!
We have made HUGE strides sleeping in the crib! For a long time, he would go to bed with us, fall asleep in our bed & then we'd move him to the crib, more often than not though we would fall asleep too so he'd end up sleeping in bed with us all night. Well, for the past 10 nights or so, I've been putting him in his crib & lying in the floor next to it until he falls asleep because he screams if I leave the room - I'm NOT a person that can do the whole "cry it out" deal. It physically pains me to hear him scream & I can't ignore it knowing I could easily make him better. Don't judge me! Anyways, tonight I laid him in his crib then stepped out of his room to get something. I had intentions of going right back in there but to my surprise he didn't scream or cry! He went right to sleep so here I am actually having time to blog!

For fun... 
...we like to Snapchat with Brandy aka Aunt Mon, & tonight she sent us a picture of herself & said she was "thuggggin" I 'm a failure & didn't screenshot it!
We sent her back this picture...
 Happy Thuggin!
xoxo - the Barnett's


No comments:

Post a Comment