Friday, February 1, 2013

Boo Boo

Sawyer suffered his first big boo boo this week.
 
Let me describe it as dramatically as possible...
We had just sat down to eat dinner & the tornado sirens started going off. We knew the weather was supposed to be bad so Blake had prepared the bathroom shelter. I took Sawyer in there straight away & Blake did what any other normal person does when the tornado sirens sound GO OUTSIDE!! I sat in the bathroom with Sawyer but could hear the weather man on TV in the living room saying Tull & Bauxite were in the path of this suspected tornado. I went to look at the TV & call my sisters to make sure they were taking cover. In the meantime, Blake had come in & was heading towards our bedroom. Sawyer man was excited to see his daddy walk by & got up to follow him. He was running & laughing behind Blake into our bedroom, tripped over his own feet & fell right into the side rail of our bed. We watched his poor little nose just swell right up. It was the saddest thing ever. I tried using a piece of frozen corn on the cob to reduce swelling, but he wasn't having that! He took it from me, got off the couch & took it straight to the trash can!! ha!
This was shortly after it happened...
Day 1...
Blake took him to Nana's first thing Thursday morning because I had started running fever so I didn't get to see him, but Nana sent me this picture of day 2...
I was diagnosed with the flu, so Sawyer is staying with Nana until I'm better. Blake went to see him this morning &this is the best he could get for day 3...
Sweet boy has been just as happy & feisty as can be, so apparently it looks worse than it feels.
I'm on flu isolation until Saturday afternoon at least. I miss my baby man so much & can't wait to get my hands on him!!!
 
xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment