Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October

 
Our October has been SO BUSY! We literally had some sort of event or party to attend every single weekend - I love this season of life. We have had LOTS of fun & made wonderful memories - I'm thankful for 3 calendars & tons of pictures to help me remember it all!
SB.
October 1st 2012 & October 1st 2013
My 10 year high school reunion was on Oct. 5th. I debated buying tickets, but finally did, then I regretted it. I was nervous about going, which I think is normal, because I don't talk to anyone I went to high school with on a regular basis. Thankfully, a couple of my best friends from school were there & even though we don't talk or see each other all the time, it was like we picked up right where we left off & I love them so! We actually ended up having a really good time.
Benton High School class of 2003!
We don't usually do a lot during the week other than work, work, work...& the occasional happy hour!
On Saturday the 12th, Blake & his dad went to the Razorback game in Fayetteville while Sawyer & I went to 2 baby showers that morning. We had to have Starbucks to get us going for our crazy morning :)

The back of our car loaded down with gifts for sweet friends expecting precious littles later this fall!
Late that afternoon, I went to my gorgeous friend Jessica's wedding. She was married on the grounds of the Castle in Little Rock which was absolutely beautiful. She had a perfect ceremony & reception {which Blake made it back in time for since the Razorbacks lost miserably}.
 J.Ray/Flow - you may punch me in the throat for sharing this without your permission - but its too amazing not to! THIS is a sneak preview of her wedding video. Perfection!!
Love her!!
The next day, we took J-Pa & Dee's jeep for a ride down at the river then went to the pumpkin patch {full post on that tomorrow!}
The following week, I went on a girls shopping trip to Rogers for War Eagle & other craft shows that were going on. I absolutely LOVE northwest Arkansas!! We were in what I call "Holiday Heaven"! We all shopped nonstop the entire time we were there & it was fabulous!! I got lots of fun stuff for this years Christmas tree, a few clothing items for Blake & Sawyer & few unique décor items for the house.

 I love this girl too & I'm so thankful for her friendship &&& for inviting me on this trip!
If you follow on FB or IG, you are aware of my new obsession for Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville. These petit fours alone are worth picking up & moving to NWA right now!!! ha!
Whew! That brings us to this past weekend. Blake spent Friday night & most of the day Saturday with my dad, brother & some of my dad's friends on the lake for a guys fishing trip. One of the guys, Paxton, caught this huge fish!!
 SB & I spent Friday night hanging out at home with my nana & sister Jamie. Saturday we slept in a little bit, then went on a donut date to Dale's!
We co-hosted a Halloween party Saturday night at the Pilks which I will include details of in the pumpkin patch post tomorrow.
On Sunday we went to Grandma & Grandpa Barnetts for lunch & the men put up a new fence for Grandpa. Little Grandpa was so cute bossing them around supervising ;)
Monday night we took Sawyer to Spook City in downtown Benton. My little lion was not interested in wearing his hood & Blake & I weren't interested in standing in the long lines for candy, so we walked the square pretty quickly & came home. Blake is going to remind me next year that we do not want to go to this event ;) Ha!
I think that's all!
Here's hoping Halloween night on Thursday is not rained out! I love seeing & passing out candy to the cute little trick-or-treaters!

xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment