Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Midweek Randoms

I'm linking up this week
(and hopefully every week)
for Midweek Randoms!
 
My good friend & co-worker Katie finally had her baby last week...and a BIG baby boy he was! 9lbs 14oz of pure preciousness!! Sawyer & Sam are sure to be the best of friends before we know it! :)                        
Last night around 9:30, I was laying in bed watching tv with Sawyer, when I heard lots of car doors slamming & yelling in the street next to & behind our house. I went out in our back yard to see what all the ruckus was & overheard a woman screaming on her phone to someone that her son was missing! I freaked out a bit, but went around out front to see what was going on & if I could do anything to help. She told me her son had been fishing nearby with another neighborhood boy and neither of them had returned home when it got dark about an hour earlier. She had already called the cops & I could hear lots of people in the area calling out the boys name. TERRIFYING!! The cops arrived very quickly and after about 5 minutes the two boys came riding down the street on their bikes!! SO THANKFUL they were ok....at least until they got home to their upset momma's!!
   
We got off to a late start planting our garden, but we are finally starting to see some produce!! Good thing too since Saw is such a huge fan of tomatoes!
Sawyer has been taking his diaper off every chance he gets. A couple of times he's done so, he's had potty time in the floor. :/ As much as I'm not ready for it, I'm taking that as our cue to start potty training. We'll see. Any toddler boy training tips would be appreciated! 

Poor Randy Travis. Even though his bodyguard was rather unfriendly to my brother & I when we asked for an autograph long ago at a restaurant in Hot Springs, I grew up listening to him & I feel sad that he's so sick. When my pals at work & I heard he needed an LVAD, we put a plea out on social media for him to come to us ;)

I just read tonight he has suffered a stroke....lots of prayers for him and his family. :(
 
I, am a Candy Crush addict. I have no time to play during the day...but at night when all my people are sleeping...I stay up entirely too late.

Have a great rest of the week! 
 
xoxo - the Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment